Monday 1 March 2010

Legoman

On arrival in Glasgow all those weeks ago, I had a strong sense that I was going to find money on the ground. It was very strong and very strange. I told Lily I thought I might spot something so she can vouch for me. Since then I have found coins all over the city. I am up to 79 pence. Some times I find just lonely bronze pence, other times I have found a mighty 20 pence. That only happened once though...

Today I found the head of a legoman on the ground!
I immediately thought of Marcus UV Rechsteiner.


Last night was a big 'un. Jess the Melburnian madame, Niki the kiwi killer and Trond the Prince of Norway came over to the Partick Palace and cooked a vego Rogan Josh between bouts of Street Fighter and Mario Carts on the Old Skool Nintendo. Ben- Cork Hat, see last post- came over with a Shetland friend and we played dinner party. We met up again later with Ben, Ben's housemates and some more Shetland crew and pub crawled our way through whiskey, ales, beers and white russians. Big Lubowski's was posh but had sweet tunes from the DJ. There was a whisky bar called Ben Nevis that had taxiderm'd birds inlayed into the toilet doors. There were more pubs and more drinking and ringing of last drinks at many of these. Though the plan was after the last pub to go to a club, we all agreed the Partick Palace was a much better destination since there was no 8 pound cover charge. There was gin and kiwi fruit flying everywhere! At about 3am the crowd thinned out... Messy house in the morning was made bearable by bruscetta for two. Then I went walking and found legoman. Perfect.
Lyall is still in Edinburgh and the house is too quiet now.
And now in this fuzzy-headed state I have to go to uni at 7pm for a group project meeting with a very cool red head. This would have caused great fuss over attire and the like a week ago but since recent developments I couldn't care. Much. I found a legoman!

No comments:

Post a Comment