Friday 13 August 2010

Internet Revolution

I woke up at 5am this morning with no chance of getting back to sleep.
I was trying to punch the jet lag right in the kisser from day 1. Alas, it may have got the better of me.

I left Glasgow around midday and had a cheeky 5 or so hours to kill in Heathrow on Monday before boarding for Oz. After 13 hours in the air we landed in Singapore for a 1.5 hr lay over. Then back to my 39A seat (absolute back of the plane. Good seat- I recommend it. Close to the loo and first to get the food, plus there are only 2 seats in that back side row rather than 3 so you are less likely to be bumped by fatties walking down the aisle) and another 7.5 hrs to Sydney. Arriving at 5am, I had a 3 hour wait until the morning flight to Tullamarine. So by the time I got home to Warragul it was about midday on Wednesday. My body was completely out of sync.

Very first thing I did when we got home, before I even unloaded my bags?
Went to Centrelink and got on the dole.
Second thing?
Went to the opp shop.

One of the novel things I've found since coming home that totally rocks my world is my underwear. For seven and a half months I have had the same stock of about 10 undies. I forgot about all of the underwear I have! It's amazing!

Also amazing is the fact that I am writing this while sitting at the kitchen table at #17! Having only dial-up internet for the past decade at home, Betheles has finally lined up broadband wireless internet. I know it's 2010 but we are rockin the internet revolution here in Warragul! Surfin like a pro. Hang 10, grommit!
I spent a few hours in Maccas yesterday doing internetty things because Warragul hasn't caught on to the cafe-with-wifi notion. Or perhaps there is no market for it? Sometimes Warragul is a little town playing big, and sometimes it is just little.


Marcus came over last night and we cooked a chicken thai green curry. Delish! Marcus is jolly. A good blether was had. I got to listen to the new as yet unreleased UV Race album. Chair! They're off on a mad tour of the US. Bye bye blues.

So I'm off to Melb today to get my corporate on at GHD and then to get my Melbourne bars on. Hopefully I haven't thrown my whole weekend out by waking up early today...
Now which of my rediscovered undies will I wear...?!

No comments:

Post a Comment