Wednesday 30 June 2010

Espanol? Italiano? Si!

Ciao!
An entry from me is long over due.
I'm in Roma with Jessica Rose Pearce.
We have eaten gelati as big as your head, seen the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountian and countless other amazing 'things', been harassed by men (walking home, about 11pm, a man stops his car in the middle of the road, leans over and opens the passenger door and says: "Cuanto?") and we are on the hunt for Il Papa and Roman sandals.

Spain was a little less hot (still mid 30s) and a little more relaxed. I explored the beautiful streets of Girona solo and also did a day trip into the mountains including a lap of the lake where they held the '92 Olympic rowing. The orchestration and execution of the Great Surprise involving Phil turning up unexpected to join Niki, Jess and I in Barcelona was somewhat stunted by French air strikes and day-late-arrival of the lasses. But I filled the time with a fireworks midsummer festival on the beach at night and lots of delicious tapa.

Next on the itinerary is Florence, Verona and Venice. Then 'Salut Paris!', 'Guttentarg Konstanz' (Germany, yah?!) and 'Tousan Tak Norway'. Pics and descriptions to follow. For now I'm off to get my pasta and tiramassu on! Ciao! x

No comments:

Post a Comment