Tuesday 1 June 2010

Squash: Lloydy is aching!

Hello. sorry for lame-o posts. (big up to J-Rose-P though, respect to the plum!)
Have been kicking about Ben's flat a lot and organising the Euro trip. Lots and lots of internetting. Not that interesting. Gowri has left for her second semester on exchange- in Denmark I think. Sad to say bye. It's getting old. Everyone is leaving (except Phil- Holla!).

It was really nice having Phoebe come up to Glasgow for a visit. She is now en route to Madagascar where she'll do 3 months scuba diving every day counting fish. Lucky girl! Then she'll head home to Aus via Karim in Morocco where they may or may not be getting married.

Kate Mac came through Glasgow too. Lily, Pho, Kate and I went to the Lighthouse (A Rennie Mackintosh building/museum) which had great views of the city but caught the terrible wind since it was a particularly shite day. Then we went to Mr Ben's vintage shop and The 13th Note in Merchant City for some bohemian vibes and ginger beer (Crabbies. Brewed in Glasgow. It's delicious).

Lily and I have been frequenting Sonny & Vito's a lot. I think it may be the Best Coffee in the West End. Nice.

Also, Ben and I played squash. Having never played a racket sport before, (half a dozen games of tennis with L. Ablett in the summer of 2005 doesn't really count) and NEVER having played squash before, it was quite the adventure. I wasn't that good at it, but got the idea of how it works, and wasn't too bad by the end (could volley for at least 6 hits!!). Now I am suffering beyond explanation. I'm so sore. My bum, back, arms. Ouchies!

No comments:

Post a Comment