Tuesday 25 May 2010

transitions and glasgow

WEATHER. Glasgow is CHANGING! Make no mistake! Weather has officially gone from sombre to joyous. Not suddenly, but still relatively quickly. Like if you take too long in the shower one morning you might miss the tipping point and your in your PJs in dark/cold then in your clean undies in summer.

EXCHANGIES. Only two of my friends I've met who are also on exchange are staying for more than the single semester. So one by one they're all leaving. I'll be seeing Niki and Jess soon enough in Barcelona, but it's still sad to see them go. Please note I am wearing Ben's german football stripe because my only other option of clothing to farewell the lasses was the Mirrorball Suit which went out to the house party the night before. Trond has also left for Norway, but I am bunking at his house with Ben in Bergen around the end of July. With Deb and Arttu gone as well, and Phil in Paris, it's only Gowri, Victor, Cliff, Rohan (where is Rohan?) and I left. But they'll all be gone soon too. Transitions. I will sorely miss all the beautiful friends I have made here on exchange. But I feel we'll surely meet again- if not in Melbourne when they all come good on promises to visit, then in some other place on some other adventure... yes!

OLD PALS. Today Lyall and I am clearing out the flat. Keys will be handed in tomorrow and That is That. End of the Partick Palace. It was good while it lasted, I think I was incredibly lucky to meet Lyall. He is such a legend and I could not have predicted my time in Glasgow would have been this fun. What a dude. Can't wait til he comes to Australia and I can show him off. Tonight will be The Last Supper for us. He's on the boat back to Shetland where he'll scoop the guts out of salmon with a spoon for 3 months. Bye bye Lyall. You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment