Wednesday 3 February 2010

Gone To Beach

Apologies for not introducing this blog properly.
Gone To Beach.
While staying at Lorne on the surf coast of Victoria with a babe named Kingland, I awoke to a beautiful sunny day with a slight breeze and big promise. Cockatoos on the bannister; Gang Gangs in the banksia; the sun peaking over the horizon. All I wanted was a swim in the ocean.
But Kingland was still sleeping... So I went for a swim and it was marvellous. To let Kingland know I hadn't run off in the night I left her a note. Though without paper and pen in the house I struggled to get the message to her.
This blog is a way of getting my messages and notes and adventures to you.
Gone To Beach.

I've left Melbourne behind me and have headed north. Way north, to Scotland. I'll be studying at the University of Glasgow from January until the end of May 2010. Return to Australia will be some time late August.
I'm not sure what happens between school ending and work in Melbourne starting. Hopefully see some of Le Tour in France, the Spanish Badlands with El Conquistodor, maybe Morocco with Phopho if all goes well? For the first time since 2003 I won't have an exam or have to be studying on my birthday. Nice. "I smell drunkeness".

If you have any suggestions for where to travel or what to try let me know. If any of my Amazing Followers have any suggestions about the best place to stay in Norway, shoot it on through (pho?). Or, say, when to go to Croatia...?

I'm very good at blabbing but I'll try and keep my posts to only the best bits. Or the weirdest bits. Or the most delicious bits.
For now though, it's 2.30 and I have to get to Celtic Civilisations 2B. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment