Tuesday 8 March 2011

Miss Saigon

I ingested the first act of the Miss Saigon musical soundtrack today in about 6 bursts. A day in the field taking water samples from a kayak is nothing without a themed musical accompaniment for those short driving sessions between sites. The entire musical was not only sung beautifully by the cast of the UK tour of 1995, but also by Penny, my field work colleague and Captain of Goodness. She's a bit like a life coach, really. I get to come on field work with her, she picks the music for the day, she drives the car as I soak in as much about the Western Suburbs as I can and she explains the history surrounding the aforementioned sonic delight in a manner which a historical nonce like me can deal with.
I now need to see Miss Saigon! After West Side Story I can't really name many other musical productions. To appease the suffering of my friend Niki, Yes, I will add Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment